Community Events and Touring
In addition to our major concerts in December and June, the Chorus performs for various civic and arts organizations, including: collaboration with the Redwood Symphony, Stanford University Summer Chorus, the Community Service League of the Peninsula, the San Mateo City Arts Chamber series, and the Hillsborough Beatification Foundation. Some of our favorite performance venues include Filoli, “Deck the Halls” at Davies Symphony Hall, and performing the National Anthem for our World Champion Giants at AT&T Park.
Touring and festival participation offer an additional opportunity for musical enrichment and performance. Our Tour Choir is comprised of members from both of our performing groups, Concerta and Ensemble. The Choir has participated in festivals hosted by the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) and the Northern California Association of Kodaly Educators, and has hosted both the Peninsula Children’s Choral Festival and the West Bay Intermediate Choral Festival at our rehearsal location.
The Tour Choir has participated in the following tours:
- 2003 – New Orleans tour for the Crescent City Children’s Choral Festival.
- 2005 – toured by invitation in Budapest, Vienna, and Prague to participate in celebrations marking the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII.
- 2007 - Sing a Mile High Festival in Denver, Colorado.
- 2008 – PGC Alumnae traveled to Ceriana, Italy where they had the opportunity to sing and study with local choirs.
- 2009 - Toured in Italy from Milan to Venice.
- 2011 – Toured the East Coast, including stops in Princeton, NJ, Washington DC and New York City
- 2013 – Selected to participate in the International Children's Choral Festival in Canterbury and London.
- 2015 – Selected to participate in the Pacific International Choral Festival in Eugene, Oregon with stops in Portland and Seattle.
It is hoped that each chorister who progresses through the program will have an opportunity to participate in at least one tour.